If you are aware of the benefits that online food ordering offers, congratulations. But if you haven’t started order food online at our restaurant yet, you are missing out on a great business opportunity. Online food ordering is the major reason behind lots of companies earning millions.
Top online food ordering stats
- 34% of consumers spend a minimum of $50 per order when they order food online.
- 20% of consumers say they spend more on off-premise orders compared to regular dine-ins.
- 57% of millennials say that they order home delivery so that they can watch movies and TV shows at home.
- 59% of restaurant orders from millennials are takeout or home delivery.
- 45% of consumers say that offering mobile ordering or loyalty programs would encourage them to order online more often.
- Working with a delivery service has been found to raise restaurant sales by 10 to 20%.
- 60% of restaurant operators say that offering delivery has generated increased sales.
- 33% of consumers say they would be willing to pay a higher fee for faster food delivery.
- Online Food Delivery revenue amounts to approx. US$9,207 million in 2020.
- Revenue is expected to show an annual growth rate of 9.5% from 2020-2024.
Reasons behind the popularity of online food ordering
The best way to escape the tiredness of the day is to order food online. You do not have to prepare anything at all. Just rest and click on a few buttons to receive hot food for you.
Most modern-day customers use their smartphones for every important task. Similarly, when they have the option of online ordering, it is preferable for them in comparison to traditional ways.
Also, we cannot forget that we are all still in the middle of a global pandemic that can spread through contact. Thus, limiting the contact of customers to public touchpoints such as menus is very important. This issue can be tackled by ordering through a smartphone.
Order food online is now a trend that every restaurant is accepting and any venue that is interested in competing in the market should implement it as soon as possible.